Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an email the email is stuck in the sent box with a blue dot next to it. It will not send until I click the it. Any suggestions?

When I send an email the email is stuck in the sent box with a blue dot next to it. It will not send until I click the it. Any suggestions?

iMac with Retina 5K display, 10.12

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 7:38 AM

Hey there RoyGarcia,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand sent mail is showing as unread in the sent box and won’t let you finish sending. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your Mac and see if this has any impact on the issue:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot or a new user account to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

The steps in this link may help as well:

If you can’t send emails in Mail on Mac

Let me know if this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 7:38 AM in response to RoyGarcia

Hey there RoyGarcia,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand sent mail is showing as unread in the sent box and won’t let you finish sending. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your Mac and see if this has any impact on the issue:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot or a new user account to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

The steps in this link may help as well:

If you can’t send emails in Mail on Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.