Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of the documents in the Files app on IPad can not be opened

I have a number of folders in the ICloud Drive/Documents of the Files app on my IPad Mini.

this is my problem:

For some of these folders I can open them, see the title of the items inside, click on the one I want to read and it opens right away.

But for some other folders, when I click on the item I get this:

And if I click on preview I get this:

can somebody please tell me what to do to fix this?

thanks.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:38 PM

That is not a folder, but rather a compressed zip file. On the latest version of iPadOS (iOS 13), you should be able to long press on the file icon and select uncompress to turn it into a folder/file that you can view/open.

If you don't have/can't upgrade to iPadOS 13, you will need to uncompress the file on a computer.

Hope this helps,

Fin

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 8:38 PM in response to lacovi

That is not a folder, but rather a compressed zip file. On the latest version of iPadOS (iOS 13), you should be able to long press on the file icon and select uncompress to turn it into a folder/file that you can view/open.

If you don't have/can't upgrade to iPadOS 13, you will need to uncompress the file on a computer.

Hope this helps,

Fin

Some of the documents in the Files app on IPad can not be opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.