You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact info in wrong format - iPhone XR

My contact info has suddenly changed to the wrong format. I’m UK and it has a space between every 2nd number. This means my phone doesn’t recognise my contacts when they call or text and I can’t ring my contacts! When I try to edit in the contact, it continues with the same format.

Last time this happened I turned dial assist off, but this time dial assist isn’t even on!

I have turned it off and on again to no avail. Please help.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:16 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 29, 2019 4:15 AM in response to Katchoo47

It’s all very well being able to fix it by changing the region to something else and back again, but the point is... it keeps on happening! We need a permanent fix.. and WHY does it happen at all? It’s extremely frustrating not being able to call people in your contacts and not being able to remember the fix when you’re out and about. Come on Apple, Explain yourselves.

Harumph!

Contact info in wrong format - iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.