Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARDagent leaks memory

I regularly use Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) when I'm traveling, so I'm not surprised to find ARDAgent running, as I understand it's a supporting process. However, I've recently diagnosed my 2017 iMac's slowing issue, and it turns out the problem is the ARDAgent, which is apparently leaking memory.

To be more precise, when I restart my system it's not running at all. A short while later it will show up in the Activity Monitor and consume about 1 GB of memory. From there its commitment increases gradually until it goes well beyond the total memory of my machine. For example, I let the process run for a few days--never once using ARD I should add--and found it was consuming 58 GB of RAM on my 32 GB iMac.

I can't just disable ARD because I need it. Is there any way I can get Apple to fix this issue or diagnose how I can work around it? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 11:46 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 14, 2019 12:28 PM in response to Phileosophos

Hi Phileosophos,

Are you running the latest version of ARD? the latest version is 3.9.3. Perhaps Apple patched the issue with an update.

You could try uninstalling ARD and reinstalling it and see if that addresses the issue. Besides this I'm not sure what to tell you.

You could try reaching out to Apple directly, phone support or submit feedback.

I hope this helps.

ARDagent leaks memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.