Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The default interactive shell is now zsh

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 11:04 AM

librado81 wrote:

I was prompted to this site in order to run a different system, whatever that means.

Whatever it is you need please start a different thread. Read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question first please

47 replies

Mar 13, 2020 9:46 AM in response to wim212

terminal have been error

Last login: Fri Mar 13 23:35:25 on ttys000

cd '/Users/macone/Desktop/AT752 iCloud Bypass Package/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' -i  '/Users/macone/Desktop/AT752 iCloud Bypass Package/tcprelay.py'  && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

MacOnes-MacBook-Air:~ macone$ cd '/Users/macone/Desktop/AT752 iCloud Bypass Package/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' -i  '/Users/macone/Desktop/AT752 iCloud Bypass Package/tcprelay.py'  && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1

Usage: tcprelay.py [OPTIONS] [Host:]RemotePort[:LocalPort] [[Host:]RemotePort[:LocalPort]]...

Options:

-h, --help            show this help message and exit

-t, --threaded        use threading to handle multiple connections at once

-b KILOBYTES, --bufsize=KILOBYTES

specify buffer size for socket forwarding

-s PATH, --socket=PATH

specify the path of the usbmuxd socket

-u UDID, --udid=UDID  specify the device's udid if multiple devices are

connected

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/macone/Desktop/AT752 iCloud Bypass Package/tcprelay.py", line 132, in <module>

sys.exit(1)

SystemExit: 1

>>> ./tcprelay.py -t 44:2222

File "<stdin>", line 1

./tcprelay.py -t 44:2222

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

>>> 

please help me. thanks you very much

Mar 26, 2020 9:42 AM in response to gramt47

what is this and do I need to run something if so how do I do that

If you don't use the Terminal, you don't have to do anything.

If you user Terminal, then it is suggesting you switch to zsh instead of bash.

You don't have to switch to zsh. You can continue to use bash. Bash is old and unsupported by Apple, so zsh might be a better choice.

If you want to switch to zsh, copy the entire command, including the back-tics (`) and paste it into Terminal exactly as the message states. There is nothing more to do.

Apr 3, 2020 2:56 PM in response to tlocker

Yes, you can start with answering: What is zsh?

The Z Shell. Search for Unix Shell and you can find much more information.

There are many unix shell scripting environments, such as the Bourne Shell (sh), the Bourne Again Shell (bash), the C shell (csh), and several others.

For a long time now, macOS has defaulted to bash. Since the current bash is licensed under GPL v3, Apple cannot update it and distribute it on macOS. So, they have switched the default shell to Z shell which is backward compatible with bash and is licensed under GPL v2.

As Lurkums said, if you don't know what it is, you don't need to do anything, or you can run the command so that if you ever use Terminal, you'll be using zsh instead of bash.

There seems to be a lot of people making a large fuss about nothing.

Apr 3, 2020 4:35 PM in response to Barney-15E

How did I get here did you ask??.....I am trying to determine how to fix an Apple screw up...all Video conferencing software including Apple's Facetime, on my Apple Macbook Pro won't recognize the camera at a time when video conferencing is a necessity. The system shows a Facetime camera, but the system does not recognize it. As a fix, another Apple forum pointed me to this set of instructions without any explanations...just do this. Why I am here or why any user should care about the 'shell' or any shell in any software system is absurd, particularly given the price of any Apple product.

Are you an Apple Customer support person?

Apr 3, 2020 5:25 PM in response to tlocker

How did I get here did you ask??.....I am trying to determine how to fix an Apple screw up...all Video conferencing software including Apple's Facetime, on my Apple Macbook Pro won't recognize the camera at a time when video conferencing is a necessity.

That doesn't explain how you ended up here in this thread. Changing your default Shell has nothing to do with any of those problems.

Go to the Top of the page and select Discussion from the Post menu.

Start your own question so you can get help with your specific problem.

Are you an Apple Customer support person?

Nobody here is an Apple Customer Support person.

Apr 4, 2020 4:39 PM in response to Barney-15E

Below...in order to correct the camera issue, one thread pointed me to input a sudo command 'killall AppleCameraAssistant', in terminal which requires first requires a password...(which still will not work). Per other threads I should update the shell to zsh before killing the camera.

"How did I get here did you ask??.....I am trying to determine how to fix an Apple screw up...all Video conferencing software including Apple's Facetime, on my Apple Macbook Pro won't recognize the internal camera at a time when video conferencing is a necessity. The system shows a Facetime camera, but the system does not recognize it. As a fix, another Apple forum pointed me to this set of instructions without any explanations...just do this. Why I am here or why any user should care about the 'shell' or any shell in any software system is absurd, particularly given the price of any Apple product."

The default interactive shell is now zsh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.