Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music: for you, browse sections don't work in catalina

After upgrading to Catalina I have problems with Music on my Macbook Pro (mid 2014).

It can play from the library (purchases, music ripped from CDs, downloaded music from Apple Music subscription) but can't stream anything. I signed out, signed in again, set music library on and off, restarted several times, authorised the computer, etc.

Still no streaming.

IOS and Ipad OS devices work fine.

Any help appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:07 PM

Looks like the software works now.

Before I went to sleep I signed off and signed back again, setting the icloud music library to on. There was a message on screen saying it takes some time to finish managing the library, or something like that.

I decided not to turn off the computer to let Music do its thing overnight.

This morning I checked Music and I'm glad to say that now it is in working order, just like it was before Catalina.

It seems it takes time and patience, but eventually it sorted out itself.

It was a very frustrating experience, made me consider to cancel my music subscription.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 10:07 PM in response to zoltan153

Looks like the software works now.

Before I went to sleep I signed off and signed back again, setting the icloud music library to on. There was a message on screen saying it takes some time to finish managing the library, or something like that.

I decided not to turn off the computer to let Music do its thing overnight.

This morning I checked Music and I'm glad to say that now it is in working order, just like it was before Catalina.

It seems it takes time and patience, but eventually it sorted out itself.

It was a very frustrating experience, made me consider to cancel my music subscription.

apple music: for you, browse sections don't work in catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.