Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clips on my external drive will not view or import in FCP. I have never had this issue before. Its a FCP issue as iMovie will allow. What am I missing

I transfer clips from my gopro to a Seagate 1TB external disk drive. From there I have in the past imported files to FCP. This week I transferred clips from gopro disk to external disk drive as I have before. However when I opened FCP and tried to import it shows external disk but all files are not appearing for import. I went to iMovie and verified that external disk drive is recognized and files can be imported into iMovie. I tried again to import into FCP from external drive, but same results. I performed a disk repair on external drive, rechecked settings in FCP, performed a workaround using these clips from a flashdrive, uninstalled and reloaded FCP from app store, etc. The workaround from flashdrive allowed me to edit but would not allow me to export to external drive. I had to export to flash drive and then export to external drive. What am I missing, did I change a setting, why does external drive work in iMovie but not FCP?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 8:08 PM

If you use Catalina check this:

FCP X needs permissions to be granted.

Al

Similar questions

2 replies

Clips on my external drive will not view or import in FCP. I have never had this issue before. Its a FCP issue as iMovie will allow. What am I missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.