Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with different external drives in Imovie

I try to use a external drive for Imovie, but they are not usable in Imovie, the are both MAC OS Extended formatted but this doesn't solve the problem, I can't even import movies from the external drive in iMovie, iMovie se the drives but doesn't show content.

i have reset already the NVRAM, I reinstalled iMovie.

The drives work perfectly in all other programs.

Somebody an solution?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:33 AM

Try creating a new library on the external drive, populate it with some media and create a test project in it. See if your Mac reads the library.

Also, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete

preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if iMovie will read the library.

Another thing you can try is to control-click on the external drive's icon and do a Get Info. At the bottom of the Get Info box thata appears, unlock and check the box that says "Ignore ownership of this volume". See if that works to solve it.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 7:33 AM in response to frederikcle

Try creating a new library on the external drive, populate it with some media and create a test project in it. See if your Mac reads the library.

Also, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete

preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if iMovie will read the library.

Another thing you can try is to control-click on the external drive's icon and do a Get Info. At the bottom of the Get Info box thata appears, unlock and check the box that says "Ignore ownership of this volume". See if that works to solve it.

-- Rich

Problems with different external drives in Imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.