Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download video clips from external USB drive

When I was first setting up iMovie it asked if it could access external drives. In a rush I think I hit "No." Now I can't download video clips from external USB drives. I can drag and drop the files, but nothing shows up in the Import window. I've tried downloading and reinstalling iMovie, and deleted every files I could find related to iMovie (library files, etc), but nothing works. When I reinstall and reopen the new iMovie it doesn't ask again if I want it to access external drives. It would be nice to be able to have that access vs. drag and drop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:43 PM

Hi,

If you clicked Don't Allow, then in the Finder choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security and Privacy. Then click Privacy. Click Files and Folders in the sidebar, then select "Removable Volumes" under iMovie. See if that cures it.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't download video clips from external USB drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.