Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 12:20 PM

Similar questions

24 replies

Nov 18, 2019 11:10 AM in response to Loner T

Loner T wrote:

You may want to remove the existing BT driver using pnputil.exe. Does the Windows Device Manager show an Apple Broadcom BT device as unknown?
  • As for your recommendation to uninstall using pnputil.exe, I did that already without help.
  • As for having "Bluetooth Collaboration", only the oldest, very oldest Apple driver has such an option. Enabling it did not help.
  • You can find attached screeenshots of the official Apple Bluetooth drivers with the displayed error.

Nov 18, 2019 6:59 PM in response to Dr.Anmar

"Cold boot Windows instead of restarting from macOS" is a workaround. Don't know what causes bluetooth not functionally when warm reboot from Mac OS. By following below steps, my bluetooth back to work. Still a bit inconvenient but at least it works.

1. In macOS or Windows, Shut Down completely
  2. Wait a 3-5 secs (just let all the caches clear)
  3. Power the computer and immediately hold Option and boot into Windows. Do not let macOS load, if it does restart at Step 1.

Nov 16, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Picouf

Picouf wrote:

My WiFi is compatible with both 802.11n and 802.ac. With the new driver it works with 2,4ghz but not 5ghz

Correct, your Mac supports both. 11n works in both 2.4 and 5gHz bands, while 11ac is 5gHz only.

The older .83 driver supports both 11ac and 11n, but prefers 11n in 5g. Based on what you are reporting the new driver only sees 2.4g. I have the .73 version, which works correctly on both.

Nov 16, 2019 4:16 AM in response to Dr.Anmar

Same problem for me with a macbook pro retina late 2013 running windows 10 with bootcamp. Windows update automatically installed "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0" driver and my wifi could'nt connect anymore with 5ghz wifi networks.

Had to go back to 7.35.118.83 using the device manager : select Broadcom network adapter -> update driver -> search on computer -> choose in the list... -> and select the previous version.

Problem is each time my computer restarts, the new driver is installed back automatically. To disable auto driver update, I had to follow this guide : http://woshub.com/how-to-turn-off-automatic-driver-updates-in-windows-10/#h2_2

This workaround works, but I hope they soon release a new driver update to solve this issue.

regards,

Nov 17, 2019 3:35 PM in response to justindyck

You are welcome :)

But I hope that Apple admit that there is a software issue with their bluetooth drivers as well. Since day one I bought my laptop I asked for help many times. They told me everytime that this is a software issue that might get fixed with driver updates.

Now getting the laptop since almost three years and still having the problem!!!!!

Nov 17, 2019 3:52 PM in response to Loner T

As I mentioned in the post, Power Settings are deactivated. This means:

- in Device Manager in both driver settings under "Power Managemenr" tab are both power checkboxes of allowing switching off the device or waking up the PC both unchecked

- in Power Options in Control Panel is WiFi Power Setting set to "High Performance"

Nov 17, 2019 5:40 PM in response to Dr.Anmar

Dr.Anmar wrote:

As I mentioned in the post, Power Settings are deactivated. This means:
- in Device Manager in both driver settings under "Power Managemenr" tab are both power checkboxes of allowing switching off the device or waking up the PC both unchecked

So these are correct, as expected.

- in Power Options in Control Panel is WiFi Power Setting set to "High Performance"

This should be fine, too.

Nov 17, 2019 6:05 PM in response to Dr.Anmar

Dr.Anmar wrote:

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Your BT issue is a bit more interesting. The currently-running version came from KB 4522355 (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449)) and was provided by Microsoft, not Apple.

The original Apple BT driver is from

<ProductManufacturer>Apple Inc.</ProductManufacturer>
<ProductVersion>6.1.6660</ProductVersion>
<ProductCode>{FCFFE6B6-BAE8-490E-88D0-097A9DA1C43D}</ProductCode>

and the version included in that package is

<Name>Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth
				<InfName>AppleBTBC.inf</InfName>
				<Class>Bluetooth</Class>
				<ClassGUID>{e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}</ClassGUID>
				<CatalogFile>AppleBTBC.CAT</CatalogFile>
				<Provider>"Apple Inc."</Provider>
				<DriverVer>07/31/2015,6.0.6100.0</DriverVer>
				<ServiceBinary>AppleBtBc.sys</ServiceBinary>
				<HardwareID></HardwareID>
				<isX64>yes</isX64>
			</Name>

W10 Automatic Updates provided the driver that you currently have.

Nov 19, 2019 2:06 PM in response to Kuanito

Kuanito wrote:

"Cold boot Windows instead of restarting from macOS1. " is a workaround. Don't know what causes bluetooth not functionally when warm reboot from Mac OS. By following below steps, my bluetooth back to work. Still a bit inconvenient but at least it works.

In macOS or Windows, Shut Down completely
2. Wait a 3-5 secs (just let all the caches clear)
3. Power the computer and immediately hold Option and boot into Windows. Do not let macOS load, if it does restart at Step 1.

Thanks for your reply!

Actually, this is how I boot to Windows normally. It could be as Loner said, that it is driver incompatibility with version 1903. This is really annoying, as Apple instead of releasing frequent compatible driver updates for Windows users, they force them to roll back to previous versions! I am not doing that! I did not buy such an expensive, supposedly high-quality device in order to work primitive on it! I will call Apple support for an alternative solution!

Dec 18, 2019 3:36 PM in response to Dr.Anmar

Yes this is an issue with the most recent driver pushed out by a Microsoft update. You can easily rollback the driver (don't even need to restart, usually!).

The symptoms are certainly strange. It does not affect all applications, or even all websites on a given machine. Just strange interruptions and dropouts.

I have also seen it affect just Dropbox on a MacBook 12", whilst all other internet on the machine via Wifi was fine.

As soon as the driver is rolled back, everything starts working.

Roll back the driver by opening Device Manager (search from the start menu).

Then find the Network section, expand it and right click on the Broadcom interface. Choose Properties from the contextual menu. Then go the Driver tab. From there you should have a Roll Back Driver button.

Click on that and confirm any messages you get, then the previous working driver should load.

If you don't have the Rollback Driver button, you may need to restart and login as an Administrative user.

Hope this helps!

Charlie

Save the Bees!

WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.