Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I discovered that after changing my Apple ID, I no longer had access to my Apple Music on my device

I recently deleted a gmail account that I used for my Apple ID. When I deleted the account, I made a new Apple ID with my new email. But I discovered that after changing my Apple ID, I no longer had access to my Apple Music on my device. I’ve already tried changing my Apple ID back to my old gmail but it says that the email address is not available and says to choose a different address. I want to know how I can get my Apple Music back?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 5:39 AM

Any subscription to services from or through Apple/iTunes is registered to your Apple ID. It is important that this stays valid. Any items (apps, content, subscriptions) are not transferrable to other Apple ID accounts.

You could have changed it without deleting it, thus keeping all your services.

The only way to get it back is to sign in with your old account credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 5:39 AM in response to amysmith1

Any subscription to services from or through Apple/iTunes is registered to your Apple ID. It is important that this stays valid. Any items (apps, content, subscriptions) are not transferrable to other Apple ID accounts.

You could have changed it without deleting it, thus keeping all your services.

The only way to get it back is to sign in with your old account credentials.

I discovered that after changing my Apple ID, I no longer had access to my Apple Music on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.