Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple ID email. iTunes will not play and thing under the old ID

I changed my Apple ID from @gmail to @icloud. Now I can't play any music purchased under the @gmail ID. It say ID not available or disabled. What now? Over 7 years of music now unplayable. Do I lose all my purchases?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 12:38 PM

Did you change the email address of your existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID?

If you changed the email address, have you tried signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restarting the device, and then signing back in? If the purchases show in your ID Purchases History, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Purchase History Review.  

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call      

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

If you created a new Apple ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 12:38 PM in response to Briscod

Did you change the email address of your existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID?

If you changed the email address, have you tried signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restarting the device, and then signing back in? If the purchases show in your ID Purchases History, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Purchase History Review.  

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call      

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

If you created a new Apple ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Changing Apple ID email. iTunes will not play and thing under the old ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.