Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed the email address used as my Apple id and now I can't play music purchased under the old Apple id. Is there anything I can do to recover that music I purchased? I deleted the home sharing for that old id not realizing it would lock me out.

How do I recover music purchased under an old Apple id?

I changed the email address used as my Apple id and now I can't play music purchased under that old id. I deleted home sharing for that old id and that seems to be the problem. Is there anyway to fix that?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 11:18 AM

Did you change the address of your existing ID or create a new ID? If you changed the address of your existing ID, try signing out of/into the App Store/iTunes. If you created a new ID, you will need to repurchase the items.

5 replies

Dec 7, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Eric Root

Not sure what you mean, but think I just changed the address of the existing id (although it is a whole different id). My id used to be xxxxxxx@yahoo.com now it is xxxxx@gmail.com. But I deleted the songs and tv shows I couldn't access and then went to my purchased music/tv shows and they were there to download again. Even some that weren't listed were then in my song list to download. Bottom line I didn't lose anything and did not have to re-purchase. Hope that maybe this answer will help someone else.

I changed the email address used as my Apple id and now I can't play music purchased under the old Apple id. Is there anything I can do to recover that music I purchased? I deleted the home sharing for that old id not realizing it would lock me out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.