You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the Apple News app and news notifications pop up on my iPad now. Do I also need a subscription?

With the last update to iOS on my iPad I suddenly have the Apple News App complete with news notifications popping up on my screen. I'll click on those alerts that will take me to the publication's article mentioned in the alert. But then I was too often asked to pay to subscribe to that particular publication to see the whole article. Kept happening, so I dumped the app. Did NOT want to buy multiple subscriptions.

Only today am I seeing things about a subscription to Apple News that I hadn't seen before. Didn't know I needed it. Does that get me WHOLE articles on multiple publications with the single Apple News subscription? If so, I sure didn't know that with that app popping up all the time. There's A LOT MORE to keep up with using today's devices than ever before.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 4:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2019 6:42 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks. It just happened that without Apple News+ it seemed that every news article I visited only let me read part of the article, saying that I had to subscribe to THAT publication's services, separate from any Apple news, to read it to the end. It happened enough that I deleted the Apple News app because it lured me to something that would always cost me to read. I was unaware of any other Apple News options like Apple News+ and its paid subscription until this evening.

I have the Apple News app and news notifications pop up on my iPad now. Do I also need a subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.