Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International Warranty

Hello, if I buy the new iPhone in the USA while here on holiday will the warranty work in Australia where I live? The terms of the warranty say “may not” but what to be sure.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 6:38 AM

From all discussions I have seen, read "may not" as "will not".

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

In fact you may find even if you are prepared to pay for a repair Apple will not repair certain devices (likely anything with cellular capability) from one country in another country. Often Apple does not actually repair a device but simply gives you a refurbished unit that is identical to the one you bought. However, a model from one country may not be available in another.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 6:38 AM in response to g_rennie

From all discussions I have seen, read "may not" as "will not".

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

In fact you may find even if you are prepared to pay for a repair Apple will not repair certain devices (likely anything with cellular capability) from one country in another country. Often Apple does not actually repair a device but simply gives you a refurbished unit that is identical to the one you bought. However, a model from one country may not be available in another.

International Warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.