Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to play music on my MacBookPro through to my Apple TV Without having to mirror the screen it?

How do I play music through Apple TV? I'm having issues with connectivity the networks are the same. The only way I can play audio through my Apple TV is if it is mirrored from my laptop to the Apple TV. Is there anyway to play music through my Apple TV Without having to mirror it?

After I type in the four digit code I am unable to connect to my apple tv this dialog box pops upon my screen.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Hello,

Yes, you should be able to.

Choose the Apple Menu  > System Preferences > Sound > Output > Select your Apple TV.

You can also select the "Show in menu bar" which would allow you to choose the sound menu to select your Apple TV as an audio destination.

2 replies

Is there anyway to play music on my MacBookPro through to my Apple TV Without having to mirror the screen it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.