Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does Apple TV Box shows an old music library that I cannot find on my max

I am on a macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.6

the apple tv box is showing a library that makes no sense... my current music library is on an external wd mybook drive. how do i get the apple tv box to recognize the correct library... when I turned on my apple tv box and tried to go into Computers to play my music it takes a long time trying to connect to my library... when this happens it never connects. so I restart my apple tv box... it then connects to an old library that I cannot find on my macbook pro. is there a solution for this or is this yet another bug with apple since they changed their products to work like windows products??

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:38 PM

In Catalina, please turn on home sharing first. Then go to System Preferences - Sharing - check mark Media Sharing and check mark Home Sharing and verify the correct library is entered in the Library Name box. For example mine looks like:

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

3 replies

why does Apple TV Box shows an old music library that I cannot find on my max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.