Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 black spot on display - Issue/problem

Noticed a black spot on my new iphone 11 which was bought on 18th Oct in US and gifted to me on 7th Nov in India. I noticed this black spot immediately however it was not noticeable in the dark mode. It was disturbing my eyes and I took it to apple care here in India. They confirmed that its a display issue and agreed to fix it. However, they did not change the phone which was the defective piece. Instead they replaced only the display for a 20 days old new phone. I was really not happy with it. Has anyone experienced the same issue or do you think what apple India did is right? How can I escalate it?

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 4:48 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 17, 2019 8:45 AM in response to NavinJ

That's actually not true. But many believe it is. Apple's published warranty (which is the only warranty which applies to iPhone) is clear on the fact that service may be limited to the country of purchase. It has not changed over many years.

Too many people come here daily upset that they are denied warranty service on a US purchased phone in India. You were just lucky. Your phone could not have been replaced anyway. The US model iPhone is not sold in India. Apple will ONLY replace an iPhone with the exact same model.

Nov 17, 2019 9:14 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Here means where? Any specific city in india? It works in chennai, bangalore that I know. I spoke to apple care and icareservices in chennai.. they confirmed it.. iphones are now manufactured in india and I dont understand why warranty will not work.. if they had told me that they cannot replace, I wud have sent it back to US.. it shud be communicated to customer in the first place.. there are 3 options : repair, replace or refund according to apple warranty.. who decided that? I understand if its an old phone.. not to a few days old phone..

Nov 17, 2019 9:35 AM in response to lobsterghost1

This link will answer your doubt. Things have changed as they saw huge potential in India market. Tell us which city applecare is not taking warranty seriously.

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/iphone-8/apple-international-warranty-for-iphones-why-it-is-a-good-idea-to-buy-iphone-x-from-the-us-now-4907026/lite/

let’s not deviate the topic.. let someone answer my actual question..

Nov 17, 2019 9:48 AM in response to NavinJ

Until you post an official statement from Apple, that article means NOTHING. That article has been posted before, but that doesn't make it fact. I can find articles saying the earth is flat, but that doesn't make them fact. Apple has never suggested iPhone or iPad warranty is international and they are the ONLY source that matters.

And this again answers your original question. iPhone warranty is NOT international and the fact you successfully received a new screen on your US purchased iPhone in India is great luck for you.

Nov 17, 2019 10:10 AM in response to lobsterghost1

They have introduced it and applecare accepts it. Many have leveraged it and I have done it too. That is the TRUTH. I am not here to prove anything to anyone. I have raised a question here so anyone who knows anything about it can help here and others can just watch the discussion or use it when they need it. Lets leave it right here.

To all others : My question was not about me being lucky or not, its all about whether the phone should be replaced or just the display. If I had taken it to a store in US, the product would have been replaced. It dint happen here or was not communicated properly to me.

Iphone 11 black spot on display - Issue/problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.