Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X control surface orange tick error in set up

There is an orange Exclamation Mark in the upper right hand corner of the Mackie Control icon

Installing a Mackie Control surface in Logic Pro, and when I do, the Control Surface Setup shows the Mackie, but nothing else... no drop down menus for ports, etc. There is an orange Exclamation Mark in the upper right hand corner of the Mackie Control icon, but for the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm using a Zoom R16 as the control surface / interface. Room is working as an interface and monitor, but not as a control surface./

Anyone got ideas about this bug. Apple?

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 10:54 PM

I solved this issue after almost going crazy! In Logic Pro X, got to Preferences, Advanced, and make sure Control Surfaces is checked (allows experts to create new and edit any functional detail of existing control surface systems). Now go to control surfaces and you will be able to access all settings for the Mackie you are setting up. In my case, I first had to reroute the input and output port and the input port of the Mackie Hui to what was compatible with my Novation Launchkey 49 ( Launchkey MKII 49 Launchkey In Control, both for the inout and output.) The exclamation mark went away once I changed the ports. I closed the window and restarted Logic. It's now working perfectly.

This issue is referred to in a more recent thread but it's not allowing me to reply. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250619169

I wonder if the moderators are able to enable the reply button so I can respond to these users who had the exact same issue I was having.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 10:54 PM in response to SydneyBaron

I solved this issue after almost going crazy! In Logic Pro X, got to Preferences, Advanced, and make sure Control Surfaces is checked (allows experts to create new and edit any functional detail of existing control surface systems). Now go to control surfaces and you will be able to access all settings for the Mackie you are setting up. In my case, I first had to reroute the input and output port and the input port of the Mackie Hui to what was compatible with my Novation Launchkey 49 ( Launchkey MKII 49 Launchkey In Control, both for the inout and output.) The exclamation mark went away once I changed the ports. I closed the window and restarted Logic. It's now working perfectly.

This issue is referred to in a more recent thread but it's not allowing me to reply. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250619169

I wonder if the moderators are able to enable the reply button so I can respond to these users who had the exact same issue I was having.

Dec 14, 2019 11:40 AM in response to SydneyBaron

DavidMild,

Thank you so much! This was driving me absolutely bonkers! I recently purchased an Arturia KeyLab MKII 49 and for the life of me I could not get the onboard functions (transport panel, etc) to work from my keyboard. I went through YouTube tutorials, the Arturia manual, forums, etc and nobody mentioned this. Finally with the right search terms I hit this post and it solved all of my problems. You have saved my sanity, friend!

Logic X control surface orange tick error in set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.