Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect Apple Watch to phone

I had another phone it was connected to before but my phone was replaced so I reset the watch to pair it to the new phone and now I can’t get past the pairing phase because it repeatedly tells me unable to check for update because I am not connected to WiFi when my phone is in fact connected and I can’t use the watch at all because it has to be paired

please help

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 8:24 PM

Hey lugo02,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you're unable to update your Apple Watch. I'd like to help.

I'd recommend using the steps here:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"If you need help updating

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger
  2. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. 
  4. Try to start the update again. 

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again."

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 8:24 PM in response to lugo02

Hey lugo02,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you're unable to update your Apple Watch. I'd like to help.

I'd recommend using the steps here:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"If you need help updating

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger
  2. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. 
  4. Try to start the update again. 

If the update won't start, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again."

Cheers!

Can’t connect Apple Watch to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.