Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone to iPhone airdrop "No People Found There is no one nearby to share with."ne to ipho

When I try to airdrop a photo from my iPhone to my wife's iPhone, I get the message "No People Found There is no one nearby to share with." She can airdrop to me, no problem. Our settings are the same, and we are in each others' contacts and operating on the same wifi network. I have tried shutting down and restarting both phones to no avail. Also (per another person's experience) turning WiFi and Bluetooth off and back on again. Help, please.

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 9:47 AM

Hello, Alex. Tried all of that and the other similar suggestions I have found online here. No go. And it's not just her iPhone. Same with the iPad. Every time I select AirDrop the "No People Found" screen pops up instantly.

13 replies

Nov 21, 2019 10:48 AM in response to hmaclewis

Hi there, hmaclewis!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you are having trouble sending photos via AirDrop from your iPhone to your wife's. I see she does not have this same issue in reverse, though, and you can receive them as well. I'd be happy to help!

Based on the error you're receiving, as well as the great troubleshooting you've already completed, I would recommend next doing the following steps, then testing to see if you're able to send her a photo:

1. In Settings > General > AirDrop, toggle AirDrop off, and back on.
  2. Make sure neither of your devices have Personal Hotspot enabled, and that they are both awake.
  3. Set your AirDrop preferences on both devices to Everyone: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  4. Restart each device again: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2020 7:41 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This actually has nothing to do with my phone. I lost my "Smart Group" in a direct transfer from my old computer to the new done at an Apple store. Since the new computer was Catalina loaded I couldn't downgrade. And sadly, no, my Smart Group isn't on my phone for some reason. Any help appreciated! I don't have a way to retrieve this list from an old backup at this time. The Genius bar was out of ideas.

Feb 7, 2020 9:14 AM in response to hmaclewis

I'm having this problem as well.

Both my computer (2017 Macbook Air) and Phone (iPhone 7+) are on the same wifi and both have bluetooth turned on.

My phone consistently says "there's no one nearby to share with".

I've tried turning the phone on and off. I've tried turning wifi on and off. I've tried turning bluetooth on and off. I've tried turning airdrop receiving on and off.

Nothing. Works.

Any suggestions?! This is frustrating when I need to get large files sent from my phone to my computer.

Feb 14, 2020 6:09 PM in response to AllThePullups

i had the same problem and tried for several days to find the answer on the internet but nothing until this morning I found this website:

https://www.techbout.com/airdrop-not-working-on-mac-31036/

forget about everything you’ve tried and go to your laptops

System Preference

Security & Privacy

FIREWALL turn it OFF!

that fixed my “No People Found” Airdrop message. Now I can AirDrop pics and videos from my iPhone to my MacBook

hope it helps you!

Best!

AGL

Agl Studios

Checkout my YouTube Channel and learn How To Draw The AGL Way:) Cheers

iPhone to iPhone airdrop "No People Found There is no one nearby to share with."ne to ipho

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.