Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into TV or MUSIC apps on my new MAC BOOK PRO

I can log into TV app and Apple Music apps on my hone, iPad, Apple TV, everything with the exception of me brand new Mac book pro 16 inch. OS is updated to newest patches, it accepts the user and password, then just sits there not logging in.... I can log in the web site but not the apps? weird?

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 8:35 PM

Actually , I just got it working. Very strange user ID issue. The appleID and password worked on every apple device and on apple web sites on the mac, as well as iMessage and iCloud and app store on the mac, but not music and TV app. I changed the appleid password , logged into everything else, then tried the TV app and Music and they worked. Not sure what happened, but everything is working fine now.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 8:35 PM in response to Macpad72

Actually , I just got it working. Very strange user ID issue. The appleID and password worked on every apple device and on apple web sites on the mac, as well as iMessage and iCloud and app store on the mac, but not music and TV app. I changed the appleid password , logged into everything else, then tried the TV app and Music and they worked. Not sure what happened, but everything is working fine now.

Nov 21, 2019 2:56 PM in response to Macpad72

Hello Macpad72, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new MacBook Pro. I understand you are having trouble signing into Music and Apple TV apps. 

This article will provide you with the troubleshooting steps to take with your MacBook Pro, including what to do after you’ve tried all the steps: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Cheers!

Nov 21, 2019 8:18 PM in response to i_rina

Thanks, great article for trouble shooting. Unfortunately none of these are the solution. I have a ticket open with apple, while trying to fix it they noticed there is other open tickets with similar issues since the 10th of November 2019. I'm told that Apple Engineers are looking at this seemingly looping userID issue as a possible global issue for some users.

Again, thanks.

Cannot log into TV or MUSIC apps on my new MAC BOOK PRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.