Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s unlocked from Sweden but the SIM is not valid

Im using iphone 5s with imei number ****

Its unlocked from Sweden but the sim is not valid I have tried more than 4 sim card

They told me to contact u. I cant activate the mobile with sim card

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 5:17 PM

If the message is SIM not valid the phone is NOT unlocked. You must contact the carrier the phone is locked to. We users in this user-to-user forum cannot help you. Neither can Apple, except that Apple can tell you the carrier it is locked to if you click on the Contact Support link at the top of this page. You can then ask the carrier what their unlocking policy is.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 5:17 PM in response to esse192

If the message is SIM not valid the phone is NOT unlocked. You must contact the carrier the phone is locked to. We users in this user-to-user forum cannot help you. Neither can Apple, except that Apple can tell you the carrier it is locked to if you click on the Contact Support link at the top of this page. You can then ask the carrier what their unlocking policy is.

iPhone 5s unlocked from Sweden but the SIM is not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.