Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app stuck on downloads screen

Hi all, my apple TV + app is stuck on the downloads screen. Is this a known issue. Have deleted the app and re downloaded it. Any ideas on how to link my Apple TV+ subscription to my phone?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:38 AM

This is how I got mine to work....

Go to Settings  > Cellular (right under bluetooth), scroll down to Apple TV then toggle Cellular Data on...

If a setting is off, iPhone uses only Wi-Fi for that service.

20 replies

Mar 13, 2020 11:04 AM in response to BreeZee_17

I've found the quality control at Apple has gone downhill. I am totally integrated into the Apple system but there are so many issues now that weren't there years ago. I had to delete and re-install the Apple TV app as well. Lost all my downloads in the process. The other day, I tried using Siri to call my best friend who also is in my favorites list. Siri told me I did not have a contact for that person. I have 4 HomePods and more ofter than not, Siri pulls up random music that in no way sounds like what I asked for. Just sad. So many issues. I'll always have on iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple TVs but the issues are just getting worse..

Jun 23, 2020 10:57 PM in response to Kara_L

Two suggestions by the following 2 persons below fixed the stuck "Download" message...

(Note also, the Apple TV on/off button is in 2 places on the iPhone, two lists:

Settings/Cellular

Settings/(scroll down to list on Settings opening page)

AJHorak25

User level:

Level 1

(4 points)

Apr 10, 2020 1:32 PM in response to Kara_L

1. I know how to fix this. If your on an iPad, you can turn off WiFi and Bluetooth then turn them back on and it will restart and take you out of the library to the main store.

Kimble2

User level:

Level 1

(4 points)

Apr 5, 2020 12:00 PM in response to BreeZee_17

1. fixed: make sure cellular is turned on for Apple TV

Nov 22, 2019 4:26 PM in response to Kara_L

Hello Kara_L,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From what I understand, the Apple TV app is not move away from the Downloads screen. I'll do what I can to help.

Proceed with removing the app again, but before installing it again, restart the iPhone: Restart your iPhone

This might also be related to the connection with the iTunes Store. Try all these steps as well: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

If you're still seeing the same thing and are unable to add the Apple TV+ subscription, reach out to Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Enjoy.

Nov 26, 2019 8:27 AM in response to BreeZee_17

Hi,

I have the same problem. The Apple TV+ is stuck on "Downloaded" screen. I have tried delete and re-installing Apple TV+ but still have the same problem.

I also followed the same instruction from suggested Apple Support team. "Proceed with removing the app again, but before installing it again, restart the iPhone: Restart your iPhone".

Same issue. Please help!

Apple TV app stuck on downloads screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.