Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Player spits out DVDs and CDs without playing or opening application

I rarely use this Apple DVD player, and today I needed it to install a new printer. I worked around it, but after it spit out the DVD (I thought it was because it was for a Microsoft application) without playing or opening the player, I've since tried playing a purchased CD on it. Still nothing. I can't attest to version of player, as there are no markings on it outside of the Apple insignia.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Thank you.

Catherine

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 4:47 PM

FUNNY STORY! Finally went to Apple Help and I got a phone call today. The correct answer is that I had the DvD player upside down, with the Apple Logo on black side up and the polished chrome plain side down. Huh.

Did not occur to me. Also: the phone assist asked about the serial number: non existent - an Apple product.

UPSIDE DOWN!! I thought the Apple logo belonged on the top - Nope.

Thank you for trying though.!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 4:47 PM in response to Johnb-one

FUNNY STORY! Finally went to Apple Help and I got a phone call today. The correct answer is that I had the DvD player upside down, with the Apple Logo on black side up and the polished chrome plain side down. Huh.

Did not occur to me. Also: the phone assist asked about the serial number: non existent - an Apple product.

UPSIDE DOWN!! I thought the Apple logo belonged on the top - Nope.

Thank you for trying though.!

Nov 20, 2019 9:44 AM in response to C@Leonard

Greetings Catherine...

Yes, I can help you. You'll need to buy and use a cd/dvd cleaning disk, which you can find at drugstores, office supply stores, electronics stores, maybe even dollar stores (dunno about that last one though) . Other than that, a reset smc/pmu and zap pram might be helpful.......

Failing that, if you know the maker and model of your printer, you can go to the maker's website, and download and install the printer software from there.

john b

DVD Player spits out DVDs and CDs without playing or opening application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.