Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPod Classic 160GB. If I sync my iPod Classic to the new Music app on Catalina OS and sync it using Finder, will the music I have purchased from iTunes over the past two decades sync to my iPod Classic? Not streaming. Not cloud. Syncing.

I have an iPod Classic 160GB. If I sync my iPod Classic to the new Music app on Catalina OS and sync it using Finder, will the music I have purchased from iTunes over the past two decades sync to my iPod Classic so I can use it the way I have used it for years; no cloud streaming, simply music I have paid for on my iPod so I can carry it with me and listen while I am working far from internet, Wi-Fi or Cloud support?

iPod Classic

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 8:52 AM

Yes, it will - but it's important to back up all your music before upgrading - as for any major upgrade. A few have had to reload some songs, or reorganize their playlists - but this isn't common.

The contents of your iPod should be unchanged; you can still add and sync music, but it the process is a little different.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 8:52 AM in response to mekrow

Yes, it will - but it's important to back up all your music before upgrading - as for any major upgrade. A few have had to reload some songs, or reorganize their playlists - but this isn't common.

The contents of your iPod should be unchanged; you can still add and sync music, but it the process is a little different.

Nov 20, 2019 10:04 AM in response to poikkeus1

Thank you! I have my music and former iTunes folders double-backed-up on two separate external drives. I was already able to successfully have Music import all of my iTunes playlists and music, including purchased. I just wanted to be sure because there's too many forums out there with misinformation about syncing iPod Classics and not having their purchased music appear on their iPod. I honestly don't think they knew how to sync using Finder, etc. I appreciate your response.

I have an iPod Classic 160GB. If I sync my iPod Classic to the new Music app on Catalina OS and sync it using Finder, will the music I have purchased from iTunes over the past two decades sync to my iPod Classic? Not streaming. Not cloud. Syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.