Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bold Letters in Notes

I have an up to date iPad and two iPhones. When I am typing the first line in my new iPad and my iPhone XR the first line is always in "bold" and the following lines are not .Can someone advise me as to how to delete the "bold" font on these two devices? In my iPhone 6+ all is well; the lines are consistent and nothing is "bold".

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 12:21 PM

Hey there doug Davies,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to change the first line of your notes from being bold. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Notes > New Notes Start With on your devices. Switch it from Title to one of the other options. Also, when you start a new note, tap on the area to bring up the keyboard. Above the keyboard you should see a menu with some formatting options. Tap on ‘Aa’ to choose another size option there as well. You can find more info about this here:

Write notes on iPhone

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2019 12:21 PM in response to doug Davies

Hey there doug Davies,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to change the first line of your notes from being bold. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Notes > New Notes Start With on your devices. Switch it from Title to one of the other options. Also, when you start a new note, tap on the area to bring up the keyboard. Above the keyboard you should see a menu with some formatting options. Tap on ‘Aa’ to choose another size option there as well. You can find more info about this here:

Write notes on iPhone

Cheers.

Bold Letters in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.