Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR incoming call screen

Morning :)

I use an XR for work and since the day it came out of the box it has had an issue with the incoming call screen. Basically the screen does not change from the home screen to the black background call screen. I get all of the usual incoming call buttons but they are lost behind the app icons. I have attached a photo of the issue in action.

I have spoken to an apple store and my local EE shop who said there will be a fix "eventually" but I've had the phone since the summer and I've still not been able to resolve this awkward fault. My Google/YouTube searches have shown issues with freezing screens but none seem to describe my fault.

Any help/advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Emma

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 1:50 AM

9 replies

Dec 16, 2019 12:30 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi All,

It may be a complete coincidence but the case I was given for the phone by my workplace was the leather card holder type. It has broken so I've changed it for a plastic 360 case. Since I have done this the issue has completely disappeared. I'm wondering if the magnet for the leather case was too strong and affecting the system in some way. Could be a complete fluke but the issue had been occurring all morning and instantly stopped when I switched.

Just thought this might be helpful if anyone else searches for the same problem

Thanks

Emma

iPhone XR incoming call screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.