Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPhone 12 screen often goes black when trying to open active call

Often when I am in an active call, or meeting, but my phone is on the home screen, when I press the small green button for the call at the upper-left, my screen will go black, and then back to the home screen. I haven't figured out the circumstances where the call will eventually open, but sometimes it takes numerous clicks to get the call open. Its quite frustrating

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 8:13 AM

Its screen is getting black and power button is also unresponsive while in call

5 replies

Jan 19, 2022 11:28 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

The notch isn't covered by my case nor anything when I attempt to hit the button. I performed an update and apple support had me disable and re-enable notifications for the phone service. For now, the issue appears to be no longer occurring. Since my phone has been regularly updating and this issue has persisted for at least months now, I assume that the re-enabling of notifications for the phone service is what fixed it.

My IPhone 12 screen often goes black when trying to open active call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.