Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Each time when I make a call, the key panel resp. everything is disappearing, after I have dialed a number

I have an issue with my iPhone 13: Each time when I make a call, the key panel resp. everything is disappearing, after I have dialed a number. It appears again after pressing the side buttons but it is also disappearing very fast what makes it very difficult to end a call.

Has anyone a similiar issue or know a solution for this? Latest software update was done on February 22nd

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 9:07 AM

Hello Chris_GER34, 

It sounds as though the screen is going black or locking after dialing a number and placing a call. Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help with this issue on your iPhone 13, and we’re glad you were able to update iOS. 

To confirm, has this been issue since updating iOS? If so, have you tried closing and reopening the Phone app and restarting your iPhone? If not, those can be helpful steps in resolving this issue, and can be found in the following articles. 

Close an ap on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Also, do you have a protective case on the iPhone? If so, try removing the case to see if the issue persists. 

Let us know how that goes!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Chris_GER34

Hello Chris_GER34, 

It sounds as though the screen is going black or locking after dialing a number and placing a call. Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help with this issue on your iPhone 13, and we’re glad you were able to update iOS. 

To confirm, has this been issue since updating iOS? If so, have you tried closing and reopening the Phone app and restarting your iPhone? If not, those can be helpful steps in resolving this issue, and can be found in the following articles. 

Close an ap on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Also, do you have a protective case on the iPhone? If so, try removing the case to see if the issue persists. 

Let us know how that goes!

Each time when I make a call, the key panel resp. everything is disappearing, after I have dialed a number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.