Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Sharing does not appear as an option in System Preferences

Media Sharing does not appear as an option in System Preferences > Sharing. How can I make it appear?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 1:12 PM

I don't recall ever seeing a "Media sharing" in the File Sharing System Preferences pane -- on my High Sierra system all I have are "File Sharing", "Printer Sharing", "Internet Sharing", "Bluetooth Sharing", "Screen Sharing" and "DVD or CD Sharing" -- is one of these what you are talking about?

Are you using High Sierra or what?? And what exact version? (Do an "About this Mac" from the Apple icon at the top left corner of screen.

Good luck...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 1:12 PM in response to kdic

I don't recall ever seeing a "Media sharing" in the File Sharing System Preferences pane -- on my High Sierra system all I have are "File Sharing", "Printer Sharing", "Internet Sharing", "Bluetooth Sharing", "Screen Sharing" and "DVD or CD Sharing" -- is one of these what you are talking about?

Are you using High Sierra or what?? And what exact version? (Do an "About this Mac" from the Apple icon at the top left corner of screen.

Good luck...

Media Sharing does not appear as an option in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.