Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Show Season Pass Issue

I purchased the Season Pass for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia before the first episode came out. The description states "This Season Pass includes ALL current and FUTURE episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 14. You will be sent an email when future episodes are available. Etc." For the first 8 episodes, this was right on. I woke up to an email and a notification the morning after the episode aired, letting me know that the episode was available to watch. The show's season finale aired last night (they aired two episodes to end the season), but the two episodes are not showing up in my library. In fact, the two episodes are "available", but I am unable to watch them, as it does not register they have been purchased. This seems odd to me, since I purchased the season pass, 9 weeks ago. Is there a reason why they are asking me to pay $2.99 per episode (for the last two), after I paid $25 for the season pass?

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 8:35 PM

I had this same issue and received some great tech support from Apple Support Chat. I solved this problem by using the Apple TV app on my mac, macOS Catalina. The support rep asked me to go find the episode that was showing $2.99 and press "buy this episode". I had to go through a view pop-ups that said "are you sure you wish to buy" and "you've already bought this" and even one that said "you can't buy this". After finishing up with that final popup, i noticed the Play and Download button were now available. I then went to episode 10 and it was already available.

A few minutes later i received iOS notifications that the two episodes had been made available and received the normal morning emails saying the episodes were available.

Hope you have the same luck!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 8:35 PM in response to Efriend10

I had this same issue and received some great tech support from Apple Support Chat. I solved this problem by using the Apple TV app on my mac, macOS Catalina. The support rep asked me to go find the episode that was showing $2.99 and press "buy this episode". I had to go through a view pop-ups that said "are you sure you wish to buy" and "you've already bought this" and even one that said "you can't buy this". After finishing up with that final popup, i noticed the Play and Download button were now available. I then went to episode 10 and it was already available.

A few minutes later i received iOS notifications that the two episodes had been made available and received the normal morning emails saying the episodes were available.

Hope you have the same luck!

Nov 21, 2019 7:41 PM in response to Efriend10

Same with me bud. I’m from Canada and my total per episode is $3.49. I was on the phone with apple for over 1 hr. I can’t believe I stayed on the line that long and in the end should have just hung up and paid again for something I feel I paid for already. Now because I did this much time into this I have to see it out for the principal of it all. Mad I haven’t seen the episodes yet, and even more mad I spent this much time for something I should have already watched and enjoyed already. They say they will call me back Saturday with what they have found out. I told them to google it as all over the internet it says season finale and episode 9 + 10 for season 14. Seems to be a open and shut case to me. Get us our episodes Apple !!! Waste of time for loyal customers. Not smart apple. Not smart.

Nov 24, 2019 9:11 AM in response to bfik1

Followup to the post earlier this week:

Today I was working on balancing my checkbook and I did notice that apple DID charge me for the "buy this episode" step even though I was given error messages that said that I could not purchase the product again. I had to get with Apple support a second time, but they were quick to refund the episode cost of $2.99. So if you do follow those troubleshooting steps, please check to see if you were charged like I was.

Have a great holiday guys and gals! :)

TV Show Season Pass Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.