Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inactive Wayfair App icon

Hello, could you help me delete an inactive icon of Wayfair app in my iPhone? When I initially downloaded it, it created two icons on my screen - the active one which I have deleted with the cross as the app wasn’t working properly, and inactive one which had just semi-transparent logo only (without the name of the App underneath the logo) and when I press and hold the screen, on all other apps icons small cross appears which enables deleting, but this one icon doesn’t have it. It does not exist on the list of apps in Settings section either... what do I do?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Hello Viviparus and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having issues deleting an app and that it is not listed at Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Try this:

Toggle the option to delete apps in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases.

If that process still does not allow you to delete the app and if you're already running the most up-to-date version of iOS (13.2.3 at the time of this post), you may need to consider reinstalling iOS on your device. While this shouldn’t affect any data stored on the iPhone, it would be a good idea to make sure you’ve got a backup in place:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you’ve successfully backed up your device, follow these steps to reinstall iOS, making sure to choose “Update” when prompted:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Viviparus

Hello Viviparus and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having issues deleting an app and that it is not listed at Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Try this:

Toggle the option to delete apps in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases.

If that process still does not allow you to delete the app and if you're already running the most up-to-date version of iOS (13.2.3 at the time of this post), you may need to consider reinstalling iOS on your device. While this shouldn’t affect any data stored on the iPhone, it would be a good idea to make sure you’ve got a backup in place:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you’ve successfully backed up your device, follow these steps to reinstall iOS, making sure to choose “Update” when prompted:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Inactive Wayfair App icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.