Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted flagged junk mail.

I have finally solved this problem of receiving pre-flagged junk email showing up in my flagged box.

All I had to do was go into Mail, Preferences, General, and then at the bottom of the page where it says "When searching all mailboxes, include results from", you deselect junk.

You will see that the flagged box shows a reduced mail count straight away and when you reselect the flagged box all the junk mail has gone.

Why searching through junk mail would put them in the flagged box is beyond me but as long as its fixed I don't care.

Good luck.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 1:33 AM

Colt✈️ Said:

I have finally solved this problem of receiving pre-flagged junk email showing up in my flagged box.”

———-

Provide Feedback to Apple on this:

Use this Link: Feedback - Mail - Apple

For the Feedback Type select “Feature Request”.

🙂I think your first three paragraphs together sums it up good, though you might need to downsize it, should too many characters exist.😉

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2019 1:33 AM in response to Colt✈️

Colt✈️ Said:

I have finally solved this problem of receiving pre-flagged junk email showing up in my flagged box.”

———-

Provide Feedback to Apple on this:

Use this Link: Feedback - Mail - Apple

For the Feedback Type select “Feature Request”.

🙂I think your first three paragraphs together sums it up good, though you might need to downsize it, should too many characters exist.😉

Unwanted flagged junk mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.