Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk mail

I use Apple mail. Every time I check my mail, several times a day, there are 2 or 3 or more pieces of junk mail in my junk folder. Is there a way to just delete these automatically or do I have to manually do it every time I check my mail? These junk mails don't show up on my ipad or iphone, just the imac.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:19 AM

Almost daily, I receive campaigns of SPAM that are either replications from the same From address, or a litany of SPAM from different From addresses. What I determined is that they were all usually confined to one Return-Path server address. This is not the Reply To information. I was able to add a new Mail header named Return-Path, which I use in a Mail rule to redirect those incoming SPAM emails to the Trash.

I have an AppleScript that when run, prints a dialog showing the Return-Path address, and the From address for a selected email message. I wrote this to automate extracting the Return-Path server address, so I could write an effective Mail rule. It would help you to determine if the SPAM has a common Return-Path server address.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Gtrplayer19

Almost daily, I receive campaigns of SPAM that are either replications from the same From address, or a litany of SPAM from different From addresses. What I determined is that they were all usually confined to one Return-Path server address. This is not the Reply To information. I was able to add a new Mail header named Return-Path, which I use in a Mail rule to redirect those incoming SPAM emails to the Trash.

I have an AppleScript that when run, prints a dialog showing the Return-Path address, and the From address for a selected email message. I wrote this to automate extracting the Return-Path server address, so I could write an effective Mail rule. It would help you to determine if the SPAM has a common Return-Path server address.

junk mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.