Junk Mail Filtering

Apple Mail has (for a long time) been filtering mail into the junk mail folder. I have junk mail filtering turned off and it still does this. I want it to stop. I have SpamSieve (and have for many many many years) so I don't need Apple's untrainable, unreliable junk mail filtering. How do I make it stop?!?

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:34 PM

n1mie wrote:

Apple Mail has (for a long time) been filtering mail into the junk mail folder. I have junk mail filtering turned off and it still does this. I want it to stop. I have SpamSieve (and have for many many many years) so I don't need Apple's untrainable, unreliable junk mail filtering. How do I make it stop?!?

Verify you do not have any rules set up in iCloud.com(?) which may effect your local junk...

verify Spamsieve is at the top of the rules list, locally

Change settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Quit Mail.app relaunch it holding the Shift key down and compare your results..

you can also try a SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:34 PM in response to n1mie

n1mie wrote:

Verify you do not have any rules set up in iCloud.com(?) which may effect your local junk...

verify Spamsieve is at the top of the rules list, locally

Change settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Quit Mail.app relaunch it holding the Shift key down and compare your results..

you can also try a SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Junk Mail Filtering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.