Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone draining data through unistalled apps and draining battery

My iPhone 8 has been draining data like crazy for the last week, like 1.4 GB in one day. On my mobile data page it says almost all of the data is from uninstalled apps and system services (see attached photo). Note I reset my stats and did not delete any other apps. I have reset, rebooted, erased and restored my phone. I have tried a different phone, switched sim cards and signed out of my Apple ID. The problem was on the previous IOS, and persisted after the new update. Does not drain when on wifi. My apple ID/ icloud seems to be the problem, if I'm signed in on my apple ID the draining occurs but on anyone else's it does not do this. My country does not have apple stores- only resellers and they also don't know what is happening and official apple support can only help me Monday-Friday. Please if anyone has a similar experience or advice, please help.

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 3:00 AM

10 replies

Nov 23, 2019 6:09 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi! Yes I have reset to factory settings, erased my phone content and settings and restored a backup. I have also set it up as a new phone with no apps. The data draining still occurs. It seems to be linked to my apple ID, on the same device on a different ID it does not drain. So I'm in the process of deleting my current ID and setting up a new one, as I don't know what else to do.

Nov 23, 2019 6:35 AM in response to Eric Root

I also checked that, the two apps that I have subscriptions to are not activated for mobile data. I also don't have any apps on my phone currently other than the ones that the phone comes with, it still drains data. As soon as I switch off my wifi it starts draining, even when I am not using any apps, when I do use a app it just accelerates the drain.

Dec 14, 2019 4:02 PM in response to Eric Root

I haven’t and they might, when I have time I’ll do this. But this is obviously happening with multiple carriers. I’ve seen Verizon, T-mobile, at least one Canadian carrier, and someone from Europe posting. So if it’s the carrier, it’s something they all do. Apple support told me it’s a known problem that has been sent to the engineers but that it has a low priority right now.

Iphone draining data through unistalled apps and draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.