Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic on Macbook Air 2013 (A1465)

Hi, I recently got a MacBook Air mid 2013, everything works fine but I get regularly (once or twice per hour) a kernel panic.

I think it is mostly related to the CPU or GPU. Could someone help me figure out what the problem is?

Here are two kernel reports in case you would like to compare:

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Anthen17

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:35 AM

I don't see anything in the report that points to the problem. I would try reinstalling MacOS if you haven't already done that. Make sure you have a current working backup just in case.

Do you have anything attached to the MBA?

5 replies

Nov 24, 2019 4:44 AM in response to SeaPapp

I wiped the SSD/HDD and reinstalled MacOs when the person gave that macbook air to me. They gave it to me because of that problem, he told me that he already reinstalled MacOs when trying to fix those kernel panics.

I'm currently running High Sierra (10.13.6).

Edit: The previous owner got the battery replaced, but i've noticed the battery is sometimes jumping around (30%-32%-28%) and then stabilises itself. Could the battery be the problem? Nothing is attached to the motherboard. I've never tested if those panics still happen when the charger is plugged should try that.

Kernel Panic on Macbook Air 2013 (A1465)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.