Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Curious if Apple finally has a replacement program for the orange screen spot gate

For the longest time I've been having the intense orange spots on my MBP 16 inch screen. Every now and then I try to get their attention and see if there's a replacement program for the manufacturing defect. I still read about all of the customers with similar issues and am curious to hear if there's any progress with this.

In my many attempts to get this problem fixed I have - nearly comically - often been redirected to software support on the phone, even though this is very very clearly a hardware issue. The times I took it to genius bars Apple blames me for the issue. Anyways my hope's are low but I want to keep trying, since this machine cost me a fortune and I'd like to give Apple the chance to clear this up.

As you can see there's the red / yellow / orange spots primarily on the left, then there's a slight hue change on the right and around the screen. Then looking on the center of the screen there's a whole bunch of blue. Working as a developer / designer / multimedia music producer I need accurate colors for the websites, commercials and graphics that I work on, also this device has nearly cost me €5000, so it should just work.

If there is any replacement program or suggestions towards what I should do/try, please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Also let me know if you have a similar issue.

-Bram Veerman

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 5:14 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Curious if Apple finally has a replacement program for the orange screen spot gate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.