Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iCloud folder storage

my iCloud folder doesn't sync and shows me an incorrect size to the documents. deleting files from the computer or the browser doesn't change the size of the documents in iCloud Drive and the size stays the same, and one of my computers doesn't sync at all... I've tried killing the bird an clouds process and deleting the cloud file in application support and nothing helps

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 12:32 PM

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop iCloud Drive syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 12:32 PM in response to gosser

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop iCloud Drive syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Problem with iCloud folder storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.