Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding photos to imovie for mac

I want to add photos to iMovie 10.1.13. Apple support says the photos library should have a drop down for years, months etc. just like the structure in photos.

all I have is albums, my albums and one other..

I am running the latest Catalina version.

any idea how I can fix this?

thanks

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 8:05 PM

From what I have seen, iMovie with Photos 5 no longer has the drop down for years, months, places, etc. Photos 5 has completely restructured its organization, and that likely is the cause of it. iMovie with Mojave (Photos 4) would have the drop downs, and that’s probably what Apple support was referring to.

— Rich

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 8:05 PM in response to Crotonmark

From what I have seen, iMovie with Photos 5 no longer has the drop down for years, months, places, etc. Photos 5 has completely restructured its organization, and that likely is the cause of it. iMovie with Mojave (Photos 4) would have the drop downs, and that’s probably what Apple support was referring to.

— Rich

Dec 5, 2019 8:35 PM in response to Crotonmark

Crotonmark --

Actually, you can drag the photo directly from your Photos app library into an iMovie project without going to your desktop. Open the Photos app library and your iMovie project at the same time so they are side by side on the screen and drag in the photo. At least, it works that way on my setup, that is using Photos 4 (Mojave) and iMovie 10.1.12. I think that with Photos 3 you had to first drag to your desktop. In any event, test it out for yourself and see.

-- Rich

adding photos to imovie for mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.