Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Defective Macbook Pro

I bought my macbook pro from the US on November 6th 2019. I used it for the first time on 19th november and i noticed that it is intermittently turning off. I submitted my laptop at the service center in india, since i am in india right now. They determined that its a hardware issue and that they need to replace the logic board. Since i received a defective piece straight from apple in the first place, am i not eligible for a fair replacement of the product? Why will i be okay with using a defective piece? Also, if im bound to take my brand new macbook pro to the service center since day 1 of its purchase, I am sure that my trips to the service center will become more and more frequent. Therefore, I want to avoid all the extra effort and therefore I expect a just replacement of the faulty device.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 8:39 AM

FYI, you are not addressing Apple here. We are all other users.

If you buy something directly from Apple, you have 14 days to return it. If it is from someone else, you have to abide by their return policy. Aside from that, your warranty spells out the terms. If you do not return it, Apple agrees to repair or replace it. Every manufacturer will at first attempt to repair it, that is standard. Read your warranty to see what it is that you are entitled to.

Since you bought it in the US, here is the US warranty:

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 8:39 AM in response to akshayisdisappointed

FYI, you are not addressing Apple here. We are all other users.

If you buy something directly from Apple, you have 14 days to return it. If it is from someone else, you have to abide by their return policy. Aside from that, your warranty spells out the terms. If you do not return it, Apple agrees to repair or replace it. Every manufacturer will at first attempt to repair it, that is standard. Read your warranty to see what it is that you are entitled to.

Since you bought it in the US, here is the US warranty:

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

Defective Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.