Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move AppleTV between Homes in Home app?

I have moved my AppleTV HD to my Condo and it's no longer acting as a hub for my original home, but whenever I unplug it my main home always has an alert that it's not responding.

So I created a new home called Condo in the Home app and I can't figure out how to move that AppleTV from the main "Home" home to the new "Condo" home.

In the Home configuration setting it's showing up as Home Hub and in Standby because the AppleTV 4k is the connected hub.

Any suggestions short of restoring the AppleTV to "factory" defaults and setting it up as new?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 10:13 PM

I don’t personally have any experience with more than one home

Here’s a link to get you started:

Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207057

If you have multiple home hubs set up, the primary home hub will show as connected. The other home hubs will show Standby as their status and will take over remote access if the main home hub is disconnected.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 10:13 PM in response to Ruprick the Monkey Boy

I don’t personally have any experience with more than one home

Here’s a link to get you started:

Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207057

If you have multiple home hubs set up, the primary home hub will show as connected. The other home hubs will show Standby as their status and will take over remote access if the main home hub is disconnected.

Nov 26, 2019 12:22 PM in response to Vancouver22

That I know - and it is set as a standby hub in the "main" home in the Home app - but I can't figure out how to remove it from the main home and then add it to the second home.

I called Apple support and they didn't have any suggestions either.

I don't think this scenario was thought through well by the devs - I will probably have to:

• Log out of iCloud on it
  • Remove if from my account
  • set it up from scratch
  • add it to the home app in the new "home"

Move AppleTV between Homes in Home app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.