Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green/Pink Strip on MacBook screen

Hello all,

Over the last few days a strip on the right of my screen has appeared, there has been no droppage or water damage to the laptop so I'm a bit confused as to how this has happened.

See image of the issue attached.

(It seems to look a little better when the mac is on the login/locked screen but when unlocked it becomes worse and flickers from purple to green.

Tried resetting NVRAM, starting in safe mode etc but nothing seems to have worked. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Luke

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 8:23 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2019 8:10 PM in response to LukeBarclayRFC

Hi there, Luke.

I see that the display of your MacBook Pro has developed a strip of color on the right side of the display which flashes between purple and green. Good job on the troubleshooting you've tried, and it's time to contact Apple Support.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — After selecting this link, choose Mac notebooks and type "display" in the Search topics field on the next screen. Select Display issue from the list provided, then choose how you'd like to start the conversation.

Take care.

Green/Pink Strip on MacBook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.