Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't join hidden Wi-Fi network with High Sierra

I have recently upgraded my wifi. For security reasons, I do not broadcast the SSID name so that the device remains hidden. I have three Macs, all running High Sierra. Two of these Macs find and automatically join one of the hidden SSIDs. The other one does not automatically join the network, even when I have previously "joined" the network and checked the "remember this network".

Any suggestions for what is causing this behavior? I would prefer to keep the SSID hidden for security reasons.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 9:54 AM

Hi Beckinc,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with one of your Macs not automatically reconnecting to your hidden Wi-Fi network, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

Check out the Apple Recommended response in this post: MacBook Pro not auto connecting to hidden wifi network

Here's more info on hidden Wi-Fi networks: Join a hidden Wi-Fi network

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2019 9:54 AM in response to Beckinc

Hi Beckinc,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with one of your Macs not automatically reconnecting to your hidden Wi-Fi network, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

Check out the Apple Recommended response in this post: MacBook Pro not auto connecting to hidden wifi network

Here's more info on hidden Wi-Fi networks: Join a hidden Wi-Fi network

Take care!

Can't join hidden Wi-Fi network with High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.