Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much apple charge for water damage on iPhone x

I just dropped my iPhone X into a paint can. I wash it by water after , and now the phone dead.

I want to know how to fix it ? and how much apple charge for repairing ?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 10:52 AM

See https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service#otherfees

For iPhone X, you would need to pay $549 (if you don't have AppleCare+; it's only $99 if you do), as this issue would require a full unit replacement.

4 replies

Nov 26, 2019 10:57 AM in response to Tran292

Depends on your location. For the US done directly through Apple it's $549 plus any sales tax and it would be in the form of a complete service replacement and not where the device is actually fixed. Many of the devices that Apple receives will eventually be fixed to serve as refurbished service replacement devices, but that's not likely for a liquid damaged iPhone.

Nov 26, 2019 3:21 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk wrote:
There is no way to bring that device back to life.
Apple, and others, will not even attempt repairs and the device must be replaced.

Depends on the needs of the OP. Maybe some short term fix to extract data, but such fixes don't last and getting it done affect whether or not Apple will accept it for its replacement service.

how much apple charge for water damage on iPhone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.