Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stream videos from my Mac to the Apple TV app using Family Share?

Background:

• I have just purchased a Samsung smart TV which has the apple TV apple.
  • I am a current user of an apple TV devise with which I stream video from my iMac to the apple TV using family share. The iMac appears in my library with its computer name

Question:

How do I add the iMac in the Samsung Apple TV app?

Thanks for any help!

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 12:34 AM

You can’t. Accessing Home Sharing content through the Apple TV app is limited to the iOS version of the app. Accessing Home Sharing content on an Apple TV set-top box is done through the Computers app. Apple Home Sharing isn’t natively available on smart TVs. The Apple TV set-top box offers more features than the Apple TV app alone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 12:34 AM in response to Steve McRea

You can’t. Accessing Home Sharing content through the Apple TV app is limited to the iOS version of the app. Accessing Home Sharing content on an Apple TV set-top box is done through the Computers app. Apple Home Sharing isn’t natively available on smart TVs. The Apple TV set-top box offers more features than the Apple TV app alone.

How can I stream videos from my Mac to the Apple TV app using Family Share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.