Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Apple Music from automatically playing

Hi,

I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 13.2.3. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 13, my phone automatically starts playing music via bluetooth in the car, even if the music app is closed. This happens even if I am listening to something else when I get in the car; e.g., if I am streaming NPR or something else, the music will start playing and cut off whatever I was CHOOSING to listen to. I don't have CarPlay, so that is not the issue. None of the other proposed fixes other people have suggested (there are no autoplay settings in the car, I don't even use Siri, and I shouldn't have to load a blank track just to stop my phone from playing).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Note: I did not have this problem with iOS 12. Apple, please tell me how to fix this or this will be the last iPhone I ever buy.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 11:05 PM

You can try to disable auto playing CarPlay in you iPhone settings. Follow the tutorial on turn off music autoplay. Hope it help in resolving your issue.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to stop Apple Music from automatically playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.