Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Auto-Play When getting in the car

Hi,

This seems like a problem that is never solved and it is actually getting worse.

Whoever is in charge of Apple Music believes that if we are in the car and turn the audio on it must play the music from the phone. They also think that if I manually stop the music so I can place a call, as soon as the call is finished the music should start.

The only solution I have found in taking control of this is to disable blue tooth service on my phone, but then I cant use my car to make a phone call while I am driving.

Why can't apple program its phone to give its user an option of turning music on whenever they are near a BT device or an option to manually play music when they want?

Has anyone found a workaround this issue yet? I see unresolved complaints about this issue going back ten years or more.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:15 AM

Blame your Car audio.

I have two cars one with Sony DSX A410BT and the second one with Sony MEX BT3153U

My iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.5 when connects to these audio systems on two separate cars, here is the result.

As soon as the ignition is put ON in the car with the audio system, Sony DSX A410BT connects automatically to Bluetooth and then automatically opens iTunes and automatically starts to play from where it last left off.

All Automatic: Bluetooth connection, Opening iTunes, Song selection, Play

But, But - Same iPhone

As soon as the ignition is put ON in the car with the audio system, Sony MEX BT3153U does nothing automatically

Manual Connection: Connect Manually to Bluetooth, Manually Open iTunes, Manually Select Songs, Manually Play

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Farzad_K

Blame your Car audio.

I have two cars one with Sony DSX A410BT and the second one with Sony MEX BT3153U

My iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.5 when connects to these audio systems on two separate cars, here is the result.

As soon as the ignition is put ON in the car with the audio system, Sony DSX A410BT connects automatically to Bluetooth and then automatically opens iTunes and automatically starts to play from where it last left off.

All Automatic: Bluetooth connection, Opening iTunes, Song selection, Play

But, But - Same iPhone

As soon as the ignition is put ON in the car with the audio system, Sony MEX BT3153U does nothing automatically

Manual Connection: Connect Manually to Bluetooth, Manually Open iTunes, Manually Select Songs, Manually Play

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Mar 11, 2020 4:36 PM in response to SravanKrA

Appreciate the attempt to help, but I don't find that answer to be useful. It's the automakers fault? Explain that please.

I've owned Androids up until the iPhone 11 Pro (11/19). I've never had the music auto start. Music only starts when I initiate it from an app on Android.

And seriously, you're telling me that Apple developers can't provide a committed toggle/app to override music auto playing? Every time I get in my car, the music starts. God help me if the volume is up. Every time a call disconnects, music auto starts. Every time I finish a text, the music auto starts. And these aren't the only apps.

It's disruptive enough to consider returning to the Android where I'm able to override these types of features. We need an Apple Developer to provide some insights here, pronto.

A $1100 phone, and I can't control when the music starts? Terrible UX.

Mar 12, 2020 12:20 PM in response to Hopkinsmt1

I have the same annoying issues as you have described: even though I have STOPPED the music, as soon as I finish texting or hangup a call it comes back on. But, it could be the issue with my audio system. I have discussed it in the T4R forum and others have similar complaints.

There is a war going on - a World War - of smart phones, car manufacturers, audio devices where our comfort is being hijacked. There are hundreds of toggles for practically everything, but Apple cannot produce one for the Audio, and Toyota cannot produce one for their media player.

Disable Auto-Play When getting in the car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.