Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMusic Autoplay

No matter what I do, I can not get autoplay to quit in my car bluetooth. There is no setting for my car. From googling, I tried turning off cellular data for iMusic. Doesn't work if the tunes are already in my phone. Very inconvenient. So say when I pause my music...and do a voice text...when I am complete with that, the darn music starts to play again. What is the deal?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 7:20 AM

The phone is responding to commands from your car to begin playback. You can't prevent that on the phone itself other than by completely disabling audio streaming for that bluetooth connection. You'll be able to make and receive calls, but not steam any audio at all.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 6, 2019 10:30 AM in response to drmax1111

(Sorry cut/paste your reply)

Hopefully you don't mean I'd have to completely remove my paired device from the cars blue tooth. That would be ridiculous as I do like to play music from time to time...and I never tether my phone via usb. Always using my phone via the blue tooth wireless connection. Doesn't appear to be user friendly in the day and age of technology. Thx for your info.

iMusic Autoplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.